Monday, January 11, 2016

happiest of new years

It is the happiest of new years. We are now a thriving family of three. Our little babe is three months old, and fills our days with laughter and joy. There are tears, too, but those are short-lived with each passing day, and the incredible growth of our little one. The transition to parenthood has been a wonderful challenge on every level. 

It was a hard few months in the transplant and CF communities, but I suppose that is often the case with the passage of time, and in the cold and dark months. We enter the new year with relative health, but with heavy hearts for many of our dear friends. We have formed wonderful and invaluable friendships, but it is hard to witness the progression of the disease and the deterioration of health, especially, post-transplant after a period of renewed health. Transplant provides temporary hope, but it is not a cure. We know firsthand the exchange of one set of problems for another. 

In December, James and I were reminded of his own vulnerability, and anxiously awaited the results of an emergency bronchoscopy. He had a consistent decrease in lung function that was large enough to be of concern, but for now, James is clear from infection and rejection, and those numbers appear to be returning to his baseline. James is stable. 

We are beyond fortunate. We are beyond grateful. Time is more precious than ever before.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. I remember reading about your family on the something awful forums and am gratified that your family is doing so well. Congratulations on the baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Your old friend Sarah Wychandler, now married to my nephew, David turned me onto your blog. I had a double lung transplant 15 years ago. I am writing a memoir about it and you can follow my blog Jodibernholtz@blogspot.com. I am so pleased that you two have a baby and that James was able to recover some of his lung function. That is rare. Once your PFTs plummet one can almost never get them back up. And your comment about trading one set of problems for another, so true! When my docs told me that I chose not to listen but 15 years on anti-rejections meds have produced their own set of problems. Keep writing and read my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. o, yes, indeed. Thank you for checking in. We tend to update on FB these days (James' Quest For Lungs), but even then, it is rare. We are chasing a toddler all over the place. We are focused on living, and it is the very best. James celebrated his 34th birthday a few days ago, and will be five years post-retransplant in May. All the best.

      Delete
  4. Most prostate cancers are adenocarcinomas, cancers that arise in glandular cells of the prostate’s epithelial tissue. Prostate cancers usually progress slowly and produce no symptoms in the initial stages. Eventually, the tumor may enlarge like mine use too, the prostate gland, pressing on the urethra and causing painful or frequent urination and blood in the urine. So I was so uncomfortable with this prostate cancer diseases then I decided to do online search on how to cure cancer because I well have read a lot about herbal medicine, I came across a lot of testimony how Dr Itua cure HIV/herpes then Cancer was listed below the comment.with courage I contacted Dr Itua and he sent me his herbal medicine through Courier service then I was asked to pick it up at my post office which i quickly did. I contacted Dr Itua that i have received my herbal medicine so he instructs me on how to drink it for three weeks and that is how Dr Itua Herbal Medicine cure my prostate Cancer, The treatment takes three weeks and I was cured completely. Dr Itua is a god sent and I thank him every day of my life. Contact him now On:Email:drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/   Whatsapp:+2348149277967.
    He listed to that he can as well cure the following diseases below.... Cerebral Amides. Lung Cancer,Brain cancer,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma Intestinal cancer,Kidney cancer,Leukemia,Liver cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors,Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Ovarian cancer,Sinus cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Meniere's disease , Testicular cancer,Throat cancer,Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer. Alzheimer's disease,Autism,measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheria Adrenocortical carcinoma. Alma, Uterine Cancer, Breast Cancer, Allergic diseases. Kidney cancer, Love Spell, Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Generalized dermatitis,Alzheimer's disease,Brain Tumor,Lupus,Endomertil Cancer, cerebrovascular diseases  
    Dementia.Colo rectal cancer, Lottery Spell, Bladder Cancer, Skin Cancer,Ovarian Cancer,Pancreatic Cancer, HIV /Aids,Brain Tumor, Herpes, Non-Hodgkin lymphoma, Inflammatory bowel disease, Copd, Diabetes, Hepatitis  

    ReplyDelete